1. What is Mayday? What does it do?
Mayday is a messaging app for urgent messages, with a focus on speed and security. It’s super-fast, simple, and free. With Mayday notifications, we’ll make sure you get your most important messages ASAP.
2. Who is it for?
Mayday is for anyone who wants fast and reliable messaging. It’s for the people who want to give their notifications a rest and only be notified about the important things. It’s also for people who need a communication channel where the messages always arrive fast.
3. How is it different from Whatsapp?
Unlike Whatsapp, Mayday is a messaging application for important and urgent messages only—it's not for conversations. With Mayday we want you to be able to rest easy, knowing that these notifications are activated. When you send a message using Mayday, we'll make sure that the receiver gets an answer as soon as possible.In addition, Mayday is a completely free and ad-free application. All the communications are secure, the messages are encrypted, and all messages are configured to be completely erased 24 hours after being resolved.
4. Where is Mayday based?
The Mayday development and design team is based in the Canary Islands and New York.
5. Will you have ads? Or sell my data?
6. How old is Mayday?
Mayday has just been born. The application was created and published in April of 2020. Now that we have a beta version of the application, we'll include new functionalities and utilities in the next version of the app.
We welcome any comments or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Is it available on my device?
You can use Mayday on smartphones and tablets. The iOS (12.4+) app is currently available in the App Store.
We are about to launch the Android version too. Stay tuned!
1. Who can I write to?
You can write to people who are in your phone contacts and have Mayday.
2. How do I know who in my contacts has Mayday?
You can see your phone contacts in the Contacts section. People who have Mayday are marked with a yellow dot. If they don't have the Mayday app, you can invite them directly from the Contacts section.
3. How do I invite my friends?
If you have them in your phone contacts, you can invite them directly from the Contacts section. You can send them a download link via simple SMS, email, Whatsapp, Telegram, Facebook, and any other messaging service.
4. What do the yellow icon and green check mean?
• Yellow icon — New Mayday – You received a new Mayday from someone.
• Green check — Answered – You or the person that you sent a Mayday have answered the message.
• Clock icon – Sent — The message was sent but has not been answered yet.
5. Can I create groups?
This functionality is not available right now. We are working hard on it for the next version of Mayday.
6. Who can see my phone number?
No one. Your phone number is not visible to any user.
7. How do I log out?
Just go to the Settings section and click on Log out.
8. How do I change my phone number?
You can create a new account with your new phone number. You will have to log out of your current account first. We’ll include functionality to change the phone number in the next version of Mayday.
9. How do I delete my account?
To delete the account, send us a message to email@example.com You can delete the account yourself in the next version of Mayday.
10. I want to receive only Mayday notifications
If you want to receive just important notifications from Mayday, not from other messaging apps, you have to disable the notifications from those other apps. The process is different, depending on whether you have an Android or iOS device. Here are the instructions for each of them:
• How to disable app notifications in iOS.
• How to disable app notifications in Android.
Your privacy is very important to us.
You register a phone number when you create a Mayday account. Phone numbers are used to provide our Services to you and other Mayday users. You add other public information to your account, such as a profile name and profile picture.
Mayday encrypts your messages before they leave your phone and decrypts when you receive them. In addition,
maydays are erased from our systems 24 hours after they are completed.
Mayday checks which of your phone contacts are already using Mayday so you can send them messages. We do not store your contacts under any circumstance in our systems.
If you contact Mayday User Support, any personal data you may share with us is kept only for the purposes of researching the issue and contacting you about your case.
Managing your information.
You can manage your public information in Mayday's application Settings. If you change your profile picture, we erase the previous one from our systems.
We will enable soon a button so you can delete your account from the app too.
Information we may share with Third Parties
We work with third parties to provide some of our Services. For example, our Third-Party Providers send a verification code to your phone number when you register for our Services. These providers are bound by their Privacy Policies to safeguard that information.
Other instances where Mayday may need to share your data
• To meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
• To enforce applicable Terms, including investigation of potential violations.
• To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
• To protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Mayday, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.